Monday, May 21, 2012

this is the beginning of the project page

Hello, everyone.

I seriously ran out of puns or clever titling. This is the project page where I will be documenting the progress of any projects that I have started. These might range from film projects to music projects to trying to get a book read.

Enough of the boring general synopsis. Here's what I'm really excited about: I'm Getting Smarter Again. Ever since I left college, I feel like I've been losing (or at least not exercising) all the knowledge that I've collected over time. When you're trying to pay bills, it's hard to remember that thing Bazin wrote about deep focus, blah blah blah. So I'm starting IGAS where each month (starting on the 5, because then technically this whole thing starts on my birthday and, as everyone knows, 24 is over the hill) I take a topic and learn about it. It's that easy. Everyday, I'll dedicate at least an hour reading up on this topic (or, if it's a specific language, practicing this topic). And each Friday, I'll make a creative project to help visualize/internalize all this newish or rememberedish knowledge. 


IGAS is open to everyone though. If the month's topic is Incan history and you love Incan history or want to learn about Incan history or love making Incan temple models, hop in on it! This page will function more as an IGAS website than a personal blog. 


Now that I've pitched IGAS, here's the lineup: 


June- the ocean


July- American history


Aug- poetry  


Sept- astronomy 


And around September time, I'll be making the next four month list. 


But yes, if you want to hop in on IGAS, comment or email or call me. Together we're smarter. 


Or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment